Pricing IP services is not as simple as you might think. With patent applications especially, there are a lot of things to note and, for example, country specific attorney costs and official fees. Berggren wanted our clients to have an easier and more transparent way to estimate the costs of services. With our eBerggren® calculator you can get the estimated costs directly online. However, it is not just a calculator but a comprehensive service that not only gives you a price but also a preliminary filing plan.
After using the eBerggren® calculator and receiving the cost estimate you can ask for a more detailed quotation for the service solution. For example, in the cost estimate for patents, our Berggren experts will determine the scope of patent protection needed based on your current and future business. In addition, they will make a proposal on how to start the patenting process on your preferred market. We also have separate calculators for trademarks and design rights.
– The calculator is an intelligent digital service that is able to find a solution suitable to the client’s needs. We ask clients to provide the necessary basic information and based on the answers the calculator will give a preliminary proposal for a suitable solution. If you, for example, want to have a trademark registration in a specific area, you will receive a proposal on how to proceed in a way that makes the most sense, says Heikki Kinnunen, VP of Business Development and Digitalization at Berggren.
– After this preliminary proposal we will contact you, ask additional questions and make a final offer, Kinnunen continues.
The calculators are the result of patient and demanding development work. The solution is based on extensive technology, which enables for example the dynamic search of prices in specific countries.
Before using the actual calculator, the client already gets access to plenty of information to help them perceive their own needs better.
– Pricing in this area of business is actually quite demanding. We have wanted to make sure that the pricing of our services is transparent. We know that people google the price of patents and trademarks quite a lot. We want Berggren to be the one who answers these questions the fastest and easiest, Kinnunen comments.
– These tools also help our experts. So, the calculator not a separate entity but a part of our digital quotation tool. We wanted to offer it to our clients as well, Kinnunen emphasises.
"in great demand"
At the core of the development work has been a genuine need from our clients and our own experts. At the same time the world is changing fast due to digitalization. Also, the on-going COVID-19 pandemic is speeding up the digitalization of services at a fast pace. Hence, also B2B services are being bought more and more online.
– Nowadays the transparency of pricing is very important. An option without a price is not an option. In our business, pricing is not completely without its problems, but we wanted to build a reliable platform. As of now, Berggren is the only operator in Finland who can give this comprehensive cost estimate directly online. As a forerunner, we want to be the one who leads the way in how IP services in this area develop, Kinnunen says.
– The preliminary cost estimate lowers the threshold for a client to contact us. Since launching the calculators, we have received a significant number of new offer requests. We can see that the tool is in great demand. At the same time, we create a natural relationship between the client and the expert – directly and online, 24/7, Kinnunen summarizes.
Berggren is a full-service European IP firm. We provide high-quality, comprehensive and business-oriented services and digital solutions for all areas of intellectual property to help our clients develop the best possible IP strategy. Berggren is your strategic partner for growth and development of your business.