Your privacy and keeping you informed on processing your personal data is important to us. This Privacy Notice provides you information on how we collect and process personal data of our clients, potential future clients and our business contacts.
In case of any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Why we process personal data?
We process personal data for the purposes of
- providing and developing our legal and intellectual property related services including, for example, completing assignments and accounting,
- maintaining and managing a business relationship with you including, for example, client surveys and providing information on our events,
- acquiring clients and ordinary marketing and client communications such as newsletters, email marketing, contacting potential clients and providing information on our services, and
- carrying out our legal obligations based on the statutory regulations, guidelines of the authorities and professional codes of conduct such as our obligations regarding Licensed Legal Counsels, Authorized Intellectual Property Attorneys, client identification and prevention of money laundering.
2. What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
When processing your personal data for the purposes described above, our processing is based on our legitimate interest as a data controller and fulfilling our contractual obligations to you while providing our services. Certain processing is based on our legal obligations as a provider of legal and intellectual property services such as anti-money laundering and conflict of interest checks.
3. What personal data we collect and process and how?
Your personal data that we process mainly includes the following:
- Client identification information, such as your name, your contact information (email, address, phone number(s)), your employer, your title or position;
- Information provided to us by you for attending our meetings and events
- Information about your participation to our events;
- Personal data provided to us by or on behalf of foreign attorneys, business partners, clients and employees while providing our services;
- Data generated by us while providing our services;
- Data obtained and/r collected from public information sources such as your company websites and public registers in course of client identification and while providing our services.
Considering our role and business as legal and intellectual property services’ provider, we receive and process personal data in course of our ordinary business operations such as completing our assignments and providing our services. We mainly process personal data that is obtained
- directly from you through, for example, our mutual communications and your attendance to our events,
- directly from your employer through, for example, business related communications with your employer, and
- public information sources such as your company websites and public registers.
4. Do we share and transfer personal data?
We do not regularly transfer your personal data outside the European Union (the “EU”) and the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). However, we may be obliged to do so on case by case basis while providing our services to you that may require assistance of foreign attorneys or legal counsels, for example. In such cases we may also need to transfer personal data to third parties, such as foreign attorneys or legal counsels involved in assignments and based outside the EU and the EEA in which case appropriate safeguards required by applicable data protection laws are taken.
We do not distribute your personal data in any manner to third parties for marketing purposes but we may share information with our suppliers when they perform services on our behalf under contractual obligations to us and only to the extent of the purposes defined above.
5. How do we protect personal data?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal data by, for example, maintaining security policies and procedures to ensure our systems are secure and protected. Processing of your personal data is limited to personnel who needs to access data for the purposes above while we provide our services. We provided training to our personnel regarding privacy, data protection and security.
6. How long is your personal data stored by us?
We will store your personal data for the above mentioned purposes for the duration of business relationship with you or as long as we still may need to contact you or as required by laws, regulations and professional rules and codes of conduct applicable to us. We may also retain your personal data for a longer period to the extent we deem the data necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period or to identify possible conflicting assignments.
7. Your rights as a data subject
GDPR provides you with a number of rights as data subject, which you may exercise by requesting
- a copy of your personal data that we process,
- correction of incorrect personal data that relates to you, and
- in some cases, deletion of your personal data unless we need to maintain records for legal purposes.
In certain matters, you may also be entitled to restriction of processing of your personal data or otherwise object to processing of your personal data if not in conflict with our obligations under statutory laws and professionally binding rules and codes of conduct. Kindly notice that we need to be able to check your identification for enabling you to exercise you rights.
We’d love to keep in touch with you, but you are provided an option to opt-out from our marketing and client communications through our letters.
8. How to contact us?
Data controller: Berggren Oy
Address: Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 10 A, PL 16, 00100 Helsinki
Phone: +358 10 227 2000
In case of questions, you may also contact email@example.com, as indicated also above.
Tarjoamme huippuosaamisen, kokonaisvaltaiset palvelut ja digitaaliset ratkaisut kaikkiin IPR-tarpeisiisi.
Ota meihin yhteyttä!